I'm Sarah, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who has 9 years of experience working with individuals toward their goals. I am someone who is committed to my own self-care, and am often described by clients as warm, encouraging, and "real" due to my personal understanding of the human condition. It can be really hard to be a person.
I offer support, connection, and am trained to help navigate life's struggles. As we all know, the struggle can be very real. I offer a non-judgmental place to lay it all out there and find what brings each individual joy and meaning.
I obtained a Masters in Social Work from the University of Chicago's School of Social Service Administration and have completed the Postpartum Support International Certificate Training in Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders. In addition to my private therapy practice, I work as a Perinatal Family Support Specialist at NorthShore University HealthSystem. Through this position I provide emotional support and concrete resources to women and their families who experience challenges related to pregnancy, birth, prematurity, or perinatal loss.
- 8 years of experience working with individuals toward their goals
- Practices what she "preaches"/ is committed to her own self-care and growth
- Trained in evidence-based therapy models, such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Trauma-Informed Care, and mindfulness based interventions
- Advanced training in perinatal mood disorders
- Understands pregnancy/ parenting firsthand